Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Thank God For Justin Shane

I was awed and amazed today when I learned presidential candidate Justin Shane and his committee had solved the textbook price issue today by reintroducing an idea long dead. ASUN will now be using student money to fund a luncheon to encourage professors to order their books early. Apparently the idea worked years ago, but I’m not sure I understand why student fee money is being used instead of going to the hundreds of thousands of dollars in profits made each year by the bookstore for funding.


I can’t wait to see what other new and brilliant ideas Justin Shane comes up with. The critique of his platform revealed a candidate so knowledgeable on the issues I don’t know how Gilbert and Reilly hope to compete.


Kudos, Shane on saving students from the impending doom caused by overpriced textbooks.

No comments: